Hole in the water


Check out these photos of holes in the middle of the bodies of water

Photograph by The Cat's Place

Photograph by The Cat's Place

Amazing, aren't they?
What are these holes, and what are they doing in the middle of the water?

These are man-made phenomena called 'spillway'.
A spillway is a structure used to provide for the controlled release of flows from a dam or levee into a downstream area, typically being the river that was dammed, releasing floods so that the water does not overtop and damage or even destroy the dam. Except during flood periods, water does not normally flow over a spillway Wikipedia 

This is how the spillways look without flood:

Photograph by Ian Stuart Armstrong

Photograph by Traqopodaros

Photograph by Jon Bradbury

Photograph by The Cat’s Place

Photograph by Martin Roberts

Photograph by Carl McCabe

Photograph by Spider Bob

Photograph by Preseverando


Related Posts by Categories


Post a Comment

Find us on Google+